Wednesday, April 22
From 8:00 AM to 9:15 AM - Shofar blowing at 9:00 AM
Join Hazon, The Jewish Lab for Sustainability, at 8 AM for a celebration. Then blow your shofar, or make other musical noise, at 9 AM to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day.
To RSVP, please click here. (Zoom link will be sent to those who RSVP.)
Why are we doing this?
The shofar signifies a moment of change, a new wave of hope, a call to action, and strength in the face of adversity. The shofar announces that living more sustainably on this planet is central to our Jewish life, not incidental to it.
We Sound the Call For
· a reminder that everything we have comes from this earth
· a reminder of the ancient wisdom of Jewish tradition
· a call of alarm for our global climate crisis
· a call to look back on what we have done and make changes moving forward
· global commitments to public health and healthcare for every individual
· global commitments to living more sustainably
· helping those in need – personally, institutionally and governmentally
· kindness and honesty and striving to be our best selves
· a sense of hope for the future
For more information, please contact:
Social Action Chair for Kol Ami: A Center for Jewish Life in Kirkland